A quote from the desk of a Hyderabadi journalist,
India: Misery and magic Haroon Siddiqui
HYDERABAD–The day India launched four satellites into space was also the day the construction crew arrived at the neighbour's house for adding a floor. ... Full article
kyonke mera dil hai phir bhi hindustani ...
Today is India's Republic Day. Let us see what Hyderabadi Bloggers are doing.
Sharing with you the JOY and PRIDE of being an INDIAN, Sadiya
And, you are a Hyderabadi if.........
1. Your address reads as 23-404-32/67A-43 (New MCH number 56-678/4A/B-22), while you actually live in the second house beside Zamzam cafe in lane behind Anand Theatre on SP Road.
2. You end up buying only a salwar kameez, whether it is a theatre workshop, food mela, consumer expo, designer jewellery show, science show or an automobile convention.
3. Your street has at least one roadside mobile hotel that serves Chinese delicacies such as "Vegetable soft needles", "Navrotten Kurma", "Chicken Manchurea" or "American Chompsee".
4. Your answer is 'seedha chale jao' when somebody asks you for directions, whether it is to Malakpet, Masab Tank, Malkajgiri or Moosapet.
5. You come across tailors sporting the board: Immidiot delivery in two days onli.
6. You can speak Hindi, Urdu, hyderabadi hinglish, except Telugu, fluently.
7. You ask the waiter to get you some 'Mango pickle' even if you are sitting at a lavish continental banquet dinner with exotic Chinese, Mexican, Italian and Lebanese cuisines.
9. You order for a tea just after having had a Caramel custard.
10. You have at least one Srinivas, Prasad, Raju or Venkatesh within six square feet. OR you have at least one cousin, friend, colleague or acquaintance with these names.
11. You have at least one cousin, friend, colleague or acquaintance in the US in software.
12. Everytime somebody gives you a piece of good news, the first thing you ask them is 'Party kab hai?'
13. Refer to any past as 'parsoon', be it yesterday or long before three hundred years.
14. You say 11 A.M. as subah subah.
15. You label your boss as: 'Dimagh Kharab'
16. You are 15 minutes late and you feel you are on time.
17. You look at the fixed price stand and still ask: 'dene ka bolo'
18. You are reading this and secretly admitting that you are, after all, a true blue Hyderabadi.
And realize: Once a Hyderabadi, always a Hyderabadi
See also: Who is a Hyderabadi??? Posted by Prince on May 02, 2007 5:57:00